Over 1 million people are injured in rear-end car crashes each year in the US, and many of these result in some kind of pain. Even a low speed crash can result in abnormal motion of your head and neck, resulting in torn ligaments and muscle tissue.
If you've been in a crash, you need to get effective treatment and chiropractic is a proven safe and effective way to recover from all of the most common types of pain experienced after a crash:
- Early intervention boosts recovery rates - Research shows that the sooner you get treatment after a crash, the better your chances of recovery.
- High success rate - A 1996 study found that over 90% of whiplash injury patients improved with chiropractic care.
- Headache - The most common symptom after an auto injury and one that chiropractic is very effective at treating.
- Neck pain - 90% of patients report neck pain after a car accident, and we're trained to treat this kind of pain.
- Back pain - Injury to your low back is common during these types of crashes, and chiropractic has been shown to be the most effective way to treat acute or chronic back pain.
- Dizziness - Many cases of dizziness or vertigo caused by car crashes originate in the neck, and, again, something that chiropractic is perfect for.
- Radiating pain - This is another common problem we see in our clinic and one that we've helped many patients recover from.
- TMJ pain - Jaw pain is another common symptom we see in our office, and it also oftentimes starts with neck injury from a collision.
Chiropractic works by restoring your body's natural function and helping your body heal itself without risky drugs or surgery, and it's the perfect way to recover after something as traumatic as a car crash.
If you've been injured, give our Portland clinic a call today for an appointment.