How Massage Can Benefit You
Therapeutic massage has been used for many thousands of years as a natural pain relief treatment. We use massage therapy in our Portland office, as it works great in conjunction with the chiropractic care that Chiropractic Healing Hands For You provides. Therapeutic massage does much more than just feel great. It also offers many benefits as well. Some are physical and others are psychological, and here are just a few of each:
- Pain relief (back, neck, shoulder, legs, arm, and headache pain)
- Enhanced range of motion and flexibility
- Improved circulation
- Greater immune system function
- Enhanced sports performance
- Reduced depression and anxiety
- Increased levels of energy
- Decreased levels of fatigue
- Reduced insomnia
- Easier labor and delivery for expecting mothers
- Fewer stretch marks
- Reduced scar tissue
Benefits such as these have been found to be especially helpful for individuals who suffer with chronic conditions such as arthritis and asthma. Massage has also proven advantageous for burn injury patients, people with higher than healthy blood pressure, and women who suffer from premenstrual syndrome. Even preterm infants have shown benefits with massage therapy as they have increased levels of weight gain.
To learn more about the massage therapy services we offer in Portland, give our office a call at (503) 771-1974.