Description: Nearly everyone is afflicted with neck pain at some point in their lives. Dr. Helton in Portland (Woodstock, Sellwood) can help you find relief for your neck pain.
You may be enduring neck pain and wonder if all neck pain is the same. It’s not.
Neck pain can be accompanied by a long list of other complaints. The combination of symptoms provides an idea of why you have neck pain. Here are some of the other symptoms that accompany neck soreness:
- Headache – This may happen because the meningeal lining of the brain has been irritated or due to trigger points within the muscles that end up referring pain in the head. Pinched nerves in the cervical spine can also cause cervicogenic headache.
- Stiffness – Stiffness is a sign that the muscles are preventing movement so that no extra damage will take place to the fundamental structures of the neck.
- Poor range of motion – The inability to rotate your head to the left or right or to your shoulder is one of the causes of neck pain. This sign indicates that there is scar tissue or misaligned vertebrae in your neck.
- Eye pain or vision changes – This symptom implies that injury to your neck is more than just a strained muscle or a sprain.
- Fatigue – Fatigue is another symptom that can indicate more serious health problems if it's combined with neck pain.
Your Portland (Woodstock, Sellwood) chiropractor, Dr. Helton, can help get to the root of your neck pain. If you live in Portland (Woodstock, Sellwood), call us for an appointment today at (503) 771-1974!