Portland Auto Injury Treatment
Since 1980, Dr. Helton has helped hundreds of people recover from whiplash injury or other car accident pain symptoms. If you've been injured in a crash, we want you to know that you don't have to suffer from chronic pain. Chiropractic care is a safe and effective way to relieve pain and prevent long-term disability. In fact, one study found that 93% of whiplash injury patients experienced improvement with chiropractic care!
During a car accident, your body is exposed to extreme forces that can stretch, sprain, strain, and tear ligaments, nerves, and muscles of your body. Here are some of the most common symptoms associated with auto injuries:
- Headache - This is a very common pain complaint after a car crash and one that chiropractic is very effective in treating.
- Neck Pain - Nearly every auto injury patient in our Portland office reports neck pain, and we've had great success in treating this common problem.
- Back Pain - Most back pain after a car crash occurs from the seat back rapidly pushing into your lower back. Fortunately, chiropractic is excellent for back pain!
- Shoulder Pain - Often caused by strain on the neck or arm from a rear-end crash.
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome - This is experienced as numbness or tingling in your arm or hand, and it's caused by strain and scar tissue on the deep structures of the neck during a crash.
- Dizziness - Vertigo is a fairly common problem after an auto injury and can different causes.
- Radicular Pain - This is pain that is experienced in the arms and legs, far from the original source of the injury. It's often experienced as numbness or tingling.
- TMJ Pain - Jaw or TMJ pain is pretty common after an auto accident, and it's possible to develop pain even if you didn't directly strike your jaw or head during the crash.
If you've been in a crash, don't wait to get care. Early intervention is the best approach, as you can preven the development of scar tissue and long-term problems with immediate attention.
Our office is conveniently located for people in the Southeast neighborhoods of Portland (Sellwood and Woodstock). Give us a call at (503) 771-1974 today for an appointment.